Walking helps in losing weight, improving the blood circulation, enhancing the body posture and losing fat around the belly. Brisk walking can burn more than 400 calories every hour. This means that a person can lose up to 0.5 kg per week with this exercise alone. When walking regularly and ensuring a low-calorie diet prescribed
Walking helps in losing weight, improving the blood circulation, enhancing the body posture and losing fat around the belly. Brisk walking can burn more than 400 calories every hour. This means that a person can lose up to 0.5 kg per week with this exercise alone. When walking regularly and ensuring a low-calorie diet prescribed by a nutritionist, the weight loss promoted by walking is greater and can be between 1 to 2 kg per week.
Walking also has other health benefits that include reduced cholesterol, an increase in the bone mass and a reduced risk of diabetes. Likewise, walking is prescribed for individuals of any age and physical condition, as long as their limitations are respected. Do you not like walking? Would you rather take a miraculous supplement to lose weight? Try Keto One https://www.rectorycafe.com/obesity/keto-one-diet/ today and see its benefits!
Lose Weight by Walking
In case the goal of walking is to lose weight, it is essential to follow some recommendations such as:
- Pay attention to your breathing during the walk. Breathe in through the nose and breathe out through the mouth in a natural rhythm. This ensures that the body receives the right amount of oxygen it needs.
- Walk at least 30 minutes daily or 1 hour 3 times a week, maintaining the activity regularly.
- Vary the intensity and speed of the walk. Do not consistently walk at the same speed or intensity.
- Always avoid taking the same route as it helps you get out of the monotony. A good strategy is to do it outdoors because it increases energy levels and allows the body to burn more calories.
Wear appropriate clothing and footwear for physical activity when walking in the outdoors.
- During the walk, it is important to make the entire body work hard. This is achieved by moving the arms according to each step, contracting the abdomen and keeping the tips of the feet a little high.
- It is essential to drink water in order to stay hydrated during your walk.
- In addition to this, before the walk, it is crucial to perform a warm-up exercise to prepare the muscles for physical activity, thus avoiding injuries and improving performance. Warming up should be done dynamically and progressively by doing exercises similar to those that will be done during training but in less intensity such as small jumps to warm the legs.
- After the activity, it is essential to stretch the muscles to decrease the risk of cramps and the concentration of lactic acid in the muscles.
What to Eat to Increase Weight Loss?
To promote weight loss with walking, it is vital that you maintain a diet rich in fiber, fruits, vegetables, whole foods and seeds such as chia and linseed. In addition to this, it is recommended to reduce the consumption of fats and sugars such as industrialized products, sweets, soft drinks, fast food, frozen food, and sausages. Also, when you walk, you should drink enough water to stay hydrated, and after any kind of physical activity, you should eat a small snack with carbohydrates and proteins such as low-fat yogurt with four cookies or drinking a natural fruit juice with wholemeal bread and cheese in fat.